Illinois State University Tailgating Policy
Welcome to Tailgating! Tailgating lots will open at 7:00 a.m. on game day. Any cars left in those lots from midnight until 7:00 a.m. on game day will be re-located, and may be ticketed or towed. The track infield and surrounding fields are options for approved and scheduled athletic department tailgate activities. Functions with alcohol possession and consumption are restricted to those 21 years of age and older. Signage will be visible in tailgate lots designating tailgate rules and policies. Lots are designated as:
Donor Lots (donors with Weisbecker Scholarship Fund passes)
F-62 (Turner lot)
G-82 (North of Horton Fieldhouse)
U-83/F-83 (UHigh, tent zone, and President's spaces) -open at 7:00 a.m., cst, on game days
Public (Pay- $10 a car/tailgate space) open at 7:00 a.m., cst, on game days; lot closes when all tickets are sold
G-83 (Ropp, also donor reserved)
G-53 (Corner of Main & College)
F-71 (West of Redbird)
F-61 (West of Redbird)
F-93 (Facilities Management)
F-64 (Student Services)
G-64 (gravel lot on Main Street-former gas station)
RV Area (Pay- $20 each; no overnight parking)
G-82 (North end of lot)
G-93-overflow (RV's not in the G-82 lot 3 hours before game time will be redirected here)
The Illinois State University Police Department will strictly enforce the following State of Illinois Statutes [laws] and University policies:
- Under no circumstances shall persons under 21 years of age be served, sold, or have possession of alcoholic beverages in the tailgate areas. Violation of these statutes may result in arrest.
- Glass bottles and kegs are prohibited. Party balls, bongs, funnels and any device used to increase consumption of alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the tailgate areas. The use of drinking games, such as beer pong and quarters, which encourage risky drinking practices, are prohibited.
- In lots that have painted emergency access lanes (red lines), you must keep all tailgating equipment/supplies/games behind those lines.
- No open containers of alcoholic beverages will be permitted outside the designated tailgate areas. Violators are subject to fines by the Town of Normal.
- All tailgaters and spectators must conduct themselves in ways to insure the safety and enjoyment of others. Abusive and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
- All Illinois State University students are subject to conduct policy as outlined in the Illinois State University Student Handbook. Failure to comply with this policy, or University officials, may result in eviction, arrest, prosecution, and/or disciplinary action through The Community Rights and Responsibilities Office (Illinois State University Students) and/or the criminal justice system.
- Tents are permitted in the designated tent area only. All arrangements and reservations for tent space shall be made through the Marketing Office in the Illinois State Athletics Department. The request form is available on GoRedbirds.com, under the Fan Zone tab.
- All forms of solicitation, or the distribution of giveaway items, are prohibited without prior approval of Illinois State Athletics Marketing.
Thank you for your cooperation! Go You Redbirds!
ILLINOIS STATE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS
ILLINOIS STATE UNIVERSITY POLICE DEPARTMENT
ILLINOIS STATE UNIVERSITY PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
Approved: September, 1994
Revised: September, 1998
Revised: July 19, 2000
Revised: June, 2001
Revised: September, 2004 Revised: September, 2006
Revised: August, 2009
Revised: August, 2010
Revised: July, 2011
Revised: July, 2012
Revised: September, 2012