NORMAL, Ill. - Former Redbird starting pitcher Chris Razo has been promoted to the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, the Class-A Midwest League affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers. Razo, who had been pitching in the Pioneer League, earned a victory in his first game for Wisconsin, working two scoreless relief innings. The Chillicothe, Ill., native became the first Illinois Statepitcher to win the Missouri Valley Conference Pitcher of the Year Award following a stand out senior season for the Redbirds in 2013.
Each Wednesday, we highlight the summer progress of all current and former Redbirds playing baseball right here on GoRedbirds.com, with daily updates occurring on the official Illinois State baseball twitter account @REDBIRDBaseball.
Illinois State Baseball Players in Collegiate Summer Leagues - Stats Updated as of Wednesday, July 31
(Batters splits are Average/On-base Percentage/Slugging Percentage)
2-1, 3.22 ERA, 22.1 IP, 19 K, 9 BB - Allowed one run in six innings of work, adding two strike outs, winning July 18 at Northwest Indiana.
- Worked one perfect inning July 6, adding two strike outs versus the U.S. Military All-Stars.
4-2, 2.00 ERA, 27.0 IP, 28 K, 14 BB
- Worked five innings, with six strike outs, earning the win July 27 against Chicago.
- Picked up a win after firing six innings of two-run ball June 9 versus Southland.
1-0, 0.00 ERA, 2.0 IP, 0 K, 0 BB
- Made his Midwest League debut, July 28 versus Burlington, earning the win in two scoreless relief innings.
- Is 6-0 with a 1.35 ERA in eight professional appearances this year.